Thursday, August 26, 2010

New camera

From my wonderful family, I received my first DSLR camera for my birthday. I've been looking at them since Rhiannon was born but just couldn't make the purchase. Now I'm wishing I hadn't waited so long. It's so much fun!
I got the Nikon D5000. And a couple of lenses. And this NOVEL to read how to use the thing. I have a lot to learn but have been inspired by friend Shelby and her incredible pictures. Sure, her kids are the cutest subjects you have ever seen but her pictures are truly beautiful.
Last week, I was trying to take pictures of Henry as he woke up from his nap. The natural lighting in his nursery is pretty good but the flash kept popping up resulting in some not so great pictures. I was getting pretty discouraged.
Later that afternoon, I go to catch up on my blog reading and Shelby had found my answer. The lightscoop! http://www.lightscoop.com/
This product allows for more flattering lighting in indoor photos by redirecting the pop up flash to the ceiling or walls. I'm sold!
And Shelby is giving away one on her blog. Check it out!
http://bringingupmadison.blogspot.com/
Oh and when I figure out how to download pictures, I'll post some! Good luck with the give-away. Not really. I hope to win it. Hee hee.

No comments: