Friday, November 20, 2009

27 weeks

Today I am 27 weeks! This is an exciting week for us. I was 27 1/2 weeks when I started having issues with my pregnancy with Rhiannon -- at 27 1/2 weeks, I was 100% effaced. But, at my OB visit last week, my cervix was still looking good at 2.8 and the cerclage was working beautifully. Dr Harrison said that the next 6 - 8 weeks are crucial since this was the point that my cervix started giving way with Rhiannon and we would really like to make it to 34 weeks. That's our goal since most babies do not need the NICU at that point. The babies heartrate was at 150. Right at the mid-range to guess sex but Dr Harrison thought it was probably higher than usual since the baby was very active during the exam. He/she kept kicking the dopler away when he was trying to listen to the heart.

Another reason why we're excited this week is because we are halfway mark. I will have been on bedrest for just over 9 weeks and will have just over 9 weeks to go to get to 37 weeks (a full term baby).


Reason #3, the doctor said I could go see a movie! So, Russ and I have a date night tomorrow night. I can't begin to explain how excited I am!!!


Finally, reason #4. . . it't Thanksgiving. Probably my favorite holiday! Every year, my mother's family, the Saxtons, come over to my mother's house for lunch. I have 10 cousins and they come with their significant others and children and my my aunts and uncles. It's so much fun! This year, my mother has had some health problems and was just released from the hospital last week. So, my aunt Beverly is having Thanksgiving at her house this year. And the doctor said I could go! On the following Sunday, we will go to Russ' parents house for Thanksgiving feast #2.

Here are some pictures of me at 26 weeks. I'm hesitant to post because pregnant appetite + bedrest has created one big Mama. We won't even discuss numbers but it's not pretty. I may need a moo moo dress by the time this pregnancy is over. But, I felt like I should document some pictures since I posted pictures of me pregnant with Rhiannon at 26 weeks.




Happy Thansgiving to everyone. I'm thankful for this pregnancy, my wonderful husband, my fiesty little Rhiannon, our family, and each and every one of you. We wish you health and happiness.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh Heather.. you look GREAT! Congrats on this milestone.. I'm always praying for you!