Tuesday, May 25, 2010

First Day of Preschool


My baby girl started preschool today. We enrolled Rhiannon in a 3 day half-day program at Grace Espicopal Church in Gainesville. It's a wonderful program that I just fell in love with when I visited. It just felt right. Rhiannon is in a class this summer with 5 other little girls. In fall the class will be 10 students with hopefully some boys. This summer is just a class of little princesses. Her teacher, Mrs Shauna, attends church with us and she rocks. She's already planned a princess party day.

Rhiannon has stayed with grandparents while I worked for the last 3 years. We thought it was time to give her the structure that a school environment would provide and she really wanted to be around more children. We also thought that we would give the grandparents a break. Her little brother is enough to handle without a toddler around.

So, I planned to attend with her for the day, thinking that she would need me since she's never been to daycare or school before. I was preparing for a breakdown. At least a hiding behind my leg.

What happened? I didn't even get a kiss goodbye. She ran to her room, introduced herself to some kids, and never looked for me again. I hung out in the hall for 30 minutes to make sure she was okay. And she was fine. All day long.

Boy do I feel needed.

Truly, I was proud of her. In her big girl panties, and lunch box and bookbag. She loved every minute.




And, when I got there to pick her up. I got my hug and kiss. And she said she wanted to go back to school tomorrow.

What a big girl!







I hope I handle my first day back at work tomorrow just as well. I've really enjoyed my time home with my babies.
This picture is deceiving. Henry would not take a bottle. He went from 7:30 to 1:30 without eating because he refused a bottle.




But he's just so darn cute!

Good luck tomorrow Mimi and Papa! He's spoiled rotten.

1 comment:

Tiffany Lockette said...

Such a big girl! How exciting! Where in the world did you find her book bag and lunch box, so cute?